Thursday, May 15, 2014

Vegetable Frittata

I am on day four of sugar free, clean eating! A few nights ago I made a recipe from my Clean Eats book that I would like to share. This recipe is a Vegetable Frittata and is basically a quiche with no crust.
I added organic eggs, kale, spinach, onion, green pepper, and zucchini with some spices. It was so good! You can serve this warm or at room temp. I think next time, I will let it sit for at least 20 minutes in order for it to form a more firm texture.

Displaying photo 2.JPG

On the side, I made yukon mini sauteed potatoes. I found these at Whole Foods and they are usually in store seasonally. Cut in half, boil potatoes, and then saute' with with onion, garlic, salt and pepper :)

Displaying photo 3.JPG

I am down almost 3lbs as of today. I have gotten through the sugar withdrawals, feeling less hungry and do not feel the need to snack more than twice a day. It amazes me what sugar does to your system!

No comments:

Post a Comment