Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Winter Wonderland Weekend

There is something magical about NYC at Christmas. It's cold, the decorations are beautiful, and Rockefeller Center looks like a winter wonderland. The hustle and bustle of NYC gets a little crazy and you feel like you are on a roller coaster most of the time, but it's always so much fun.
As I sit here and write this on my last day here in NY/NJ, I think back on the past few days I have had here in this wonderful place.

Last night I went to see the Christmas Spectacular starring the Radio City Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall. Not to mention that across the street was the Red Carpet premiere of Mission Impossible 2: Ghost Protocol. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes walked the red carpet and the paparazzi were all over the place. I just wanted to get into Radio City.
When the show started, it felt like I was dreaming. Was I really sitting inside Radio City watching this show?? Some people dream of the day they can do this, and I have the opportunity to enjoy all these great things now. Thank you God for all these things you have given me.
Besides seeing the Rockettes, my favorite thing we did this past weekend was go into FAO Schwarz. What an awesome place. Real toy soldiers greeting you as you walk in the door, stuffed animals galore, and every Madame Alexander doll you would want.

I will miss NYC, because this past weekend definitely has been a Winter Wonderland...

No comments:

Post a Comment