Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Rosie the Elf


The Elf on the Shelf. The most amazing Christmas behavior plan and cutest idea ever invented. I have introduced this Elf to many families this year, I've held "Elf How-To" mini courses and given many ideas on where this Elf hides each night when it comes back from the North Pole.
Last night was one of the cutest experiences I have had with the Elf on the Shelf. This family has two kids, a boy and a girl, who are over the age of 7. They still believe in Santa, and really are in to this Elf. I introduced the Elf to them a few days ago, telling them that there is an Elf you can adopt from the North Pole, and the Elf watches over you during the day and then reports to Santa each night. When he comes back to your house before you wake up in the morning, the Elf is sitting somewhere in your house and it's your job to find him. BUT...don't touch him or he will lose his magic!
They were so excited to find two of their very own elves in the seats of the car when they went to school yesterday morning.
Last night, the kids and I named the Elves and "registered" them online through the North Pole. After they were officially adopted, I told them that they must carefully place the box they came in on the couch, opened, and the Elf would come out of it's box once they were asleep and report to the North Pole. I have never seen these kids go to bed faster in my life.
Their dad also bought a special skirt for the little girls Elf. I sure hope that Elf remembered to put it on...

No comments:

Post a Comment