Thursday, June 14, 2012

Jambo! Summer is Here!

     It's been a while since I have posted. Things around here have been a little nuts lately with the end of the school year and my mounds of homework assignments. The last thing I had time for was blogging! Now that things have winded down (Thank you Jesus),  I am back!

     I cannot express how much I am glad summer has arrived. I love love love summer because I get two months off of work- even though I take on nanny jobs, which is easy peasy. I also travel during the summer and LOVE it! This summer I will be going to Nashville for the 4th of July to see my dad, his wife, and my siblings. It's so nice to go up there, it's a whole other lifestyle and it's such a calming environment when you are out in the countryside.
In late July, I'll be taking a weekend trip to NYC- If you know me, you know how much I am in love with that city! If I could afford to live there, I would go in a heartbeat. My aunt and I are going to have such a great time shopping and dining! I can't wait!

     I kicked off this summer with a "stay-cation" at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. My friend Tiffaney, her two kids and Jennifer came along too. We had so much fun waking up to zebras and giraffes saying good morning off of our room balcony. I think that hotel is one of my favorites, especially when you have kids! I am planning an October stay-cation at The Cabins at Fort Wilderness Lodge- that's the best place to stay during Halloween :) So much fun!



                     Jambo! Our room was ready for us with a Mickey shaped towel on one of the beds :)


 
                                                   
                                                The lobby of this hotel is so pretty!

                                               
                                     

Best part of stay-cations is breakfast delivered! Love dining in my pajamas


     Good morning from our balcony! The kids thought it was so cool to wake up to animals grazing in the grass every morning. Griff would wake up at 6am and want to go out on the balcony- we set a rule that we couldn't open the curtains and see our animal friends until 7:30!


                                All smiles with Sydney! I think this is my favorite picture from our trip


Day #2: We hit the pool and the water slide early! Storms were rolling in early afternoon so we got some sun in beforehand- Here is Griff sliding into the pool- He probably went down that slide 100 times in an hour.


What do you do when the pool closes because of Florida afternoon storms?? Get your face painted like an African Princess! This nice lady at The Mara painted Sydney's face and told her the story of women in Africa who get their face painted just like hers on their wedding day! 


On our last night, Tiffaney, her mom and I went to Jiko- Flavors of Africa for dinner. It was quite the experience! We were VERY adventurous with our cuisine and tried some great foods. Here are our appetizers: Apple Curry, Mushroom Filo with Spinach and Chicken Flatbread. Not to mention I had the best tasting African wine too!



No comments:

Post a Comment