Thursday, January 12, 2012

Word of the Year


In the beginning of each year, my pastor at First Baptist Orlando, tells us his word of the year and asks that everyone have a word of their own to live by. Most of the time I have to think about it awhile, in order to come up with a word that means something in my life.

This year was different, it came to me so quickly and I knew it was something I have been struggling with in the past. My word is Commitment. In the past, commitment was a problem for me. I always had great intentions of doing things and I would WANT to commit to, but never followed through. I am not sure exactly why I am like this and my procrastination with some things drive me nuts, and I am the one doing it to myself!

So, this year I am making a COMMITMENT. A commitment to everything I do.
* to my sunday school job
* to the Magic
* to my students
* to cooking at home instead of eating out
* to my new eating lifestyle
* to pilates
* to my schoolwork
* to paying off my debts
* to spending time with friends
* to spending time with family

The list goes on and on, but these are the most important for right now. What are you commited to this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment