Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Big Apple Adventure

This week I am teaching Vacation Bible School at Delaney. The theme this year is the Big Apple Adventure, New York City!
It's bittersweet as I am there with a lot of my old co-workers, parents and students. I am having so much fun teaching these children about Jesus and the kids are great. We have a group of children from Restore Hope Orlando who are coming to VBS and I have about 10 of them in my class. They are in a program for underprivileged children in the downtown area of Orlando. These children come from homes in one of the worst areas in our city. What a joy it is to see these children find hope in God's word as they sing and memorize their Bible verses. We all are having an awesome time!
Snack and recreation time! Today the kids enjoyed NYC taxi cabs made out of cake and candy!

Taylor and Theron. Taylor has grown up so much since being in my class over a year ago!

My Amanda. She is a chatty little thing, and has kept me on my toes since the day she walked through my classroom door. Not much has changed since :)

No comments:

Post a Comment