Monday, May 23, 2011

Fighting the Coupon Battle


This past weekend, I was able to attend my friend Hayley's coupon class. She started this whole coupon thing about a year ago, and I am amazed how much money she saves. Now, I don't want to be an extreme couponer like the people on that show, who buy 60 bottles of mustard and then empty the candy bar shelf because they get it for free. Who uses all that mustard or needs all that candy?? I also have a VERY hard time couponing because of the way I eat. There are RARELY coupons for organic products or healthy foods in general. I have found some, but it's not going to save me that much money. I am listing below some foods I buy on a regular basis, and if you have any suggestions on how to coupon these items, I would love to hear it!
I grocery shop weekly, and go to both Publix and Whole Foods.

At Whole Foods I buy all my meat and most dairy. I buy organic meat/milk on a regular basis:
Fresh Fish (Tilapia)
Fresh Chicken
Fresh Shrimp
Horizon fat free organic milk
Rudy's Bakery organic bread
Annie's Homegrown mac and cheese
365 organic butter
Stoneyfield Farm organic yogurt
Whole Foods Market whole wheat pasta
Lucinda pasta sauce
365 organic frozen vegetables
*I also buy most of my snacks here, I try my best to stay away from hydrogenated oils. It's very hard to do that when trying to find snack foods at Publix, because most everything has hydrogenated oils in it. Back to Nature, Annie's Homegrown and Late July are a few of my favorite natural/organic brands.

So, here you see my problem I have with being able to coupon! But that's ok, because I love where I shop and the food that I eat :)




3 comments:

  1. Well - this week Publix has Bocca Burgers buy one get one free. And if you go to their website you can download a coupon for $1 off when you buy 2. I printed 2 coupons, bought for boxes for the price of 2 and saved $2 on top of that. :) Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried those boca burgers! I should, thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DEFINITELY!!! Di

    ReplyDelete