Saturday, January 11, 2014

Let Food Be Thy Medicine

I wanted to keep my blog updated with my new health journey. I posted awhile back that I was on an clean, mostly whole food, organic diet, and am very particular about the foods I eat now.
I am proud to say I am down 22 lbs in 5 1/2 weeks!! It amazes me every day that I have had these results in such a short amount of time. I am thankful that this is working the way it is for me.



People continue to ask what and how I am eating. So I thought I would share!
Here is a typical day:
*all organic ingredients*

Breakfast:
Egg muffins (egg and veggies scrambled together made in a muffin pan)
or 
Rudi's whole wheat honey bread with almond butter
or
Cereal (flax flakes with blueberries). Sometimes I add chia seeds :)

I also eat in moderation- whole wheat pancakes (homemade) with pure maple syrup and fruit

Lunch:
Amy's meals. Love her foods!
I get the Light and lean versions only

Dinner:
Baked chicken or Fish with lots of steamed veggies and Quinoa blend or some sort of brown rice blend. I rarely eat starch.

I stay away from all refined sugars, sweeteners, and anything white. Including potatoes.

So there ya go! I am loving this new me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment