Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Joy

It's New Years Eve and I am laying on the couch at 8:00pm. I am sure I can make it to midnight, right?!  Well, yes of course.
I have a lot to reflect on this past year, and to be honest, I am thrilled that 2013 is OVER. I have gone through some rough patches this year and am so ready for a new beginning. New Years reminds me of a scripture in the Bible, "The steadfast love of the lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning, great is Your faithfulness" Lamentations 3:22-23
This verse gives me such peace. His mercies ARE new every morning, even if things seem to be too big to conquer.
I have conquered a lot this year, and can say I am proud of myself. I got through the first full year of losing close friends, which at times I think about. I just sometimes wonder if I am ever on their mind too. I believe that God brings people in and out of your life for certain reasons.
I continue to be on an awesome track to great health. I know 2014 will bring a new me. That meaning my old lifestyle is over, and I cannot wait to see what God does this year in my life.
Late this afternoon, I took a long 2 mile walk around my neighborhood. It felt great to be outside, and I thought why have I been missing out on this all along? Forget the YMCA treadmill- I am walking outside!
Each New Year, I choose a Word of the Year. My prior church started this a long time ago. I have stuck with this tradition awhile now. This year, my Word is JOY. I have this canvas that my friend made for me, hanging in my kitchen above my stove. It will be a constant reminder this year to find Joy in life, and in all I strive to do. During the ups and the downs, I will find Joy and peace. This is something I have struggled with this past year, and I am making a point to change how I look at the small stuff, and even the big stuff.


In Romans 15:13 it says, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" 
This is such a great reminder as we head into this new year.
Happy New Year 2014! May you be a blessing to others, and find the Joy in your journey.

Mallory


No comments:

Post a Comment