Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New York City's Piece of Heaven



As I sit here and write this post, all I can think about is how wonderful this place was. I wish I could go back again and again because it is that great. The Plaza Hotel in New York City is beautiful, and you feel like a million dollars while you are there, especially when you find out your bathroom has real gold fixures. It's ultimate perfection :)

My aunt and I took an EARLY flight into JFK in late July for a girls weekend in NYC. We arrived in the city at 8am and we were picked up by our driver who brought us to the hotel. We were greeted by the hotel staff right when we got out of the car and off we went.
After checking in, our butler (yes, I said butler) walked us to our room and went over how everything worked, including our in room ipads that controlled the lights and temperature. We knew right then that this place was a little piece of heaven. We quickly unpacked our luggage and started enjoying our room...the bathroom was gorgeous and the bathtub was ahhh, just lovely!


Since we had been awake since 2am to get to the airport, we needed a nap! I found these fancy slippers in our room beside our bed. We put them on and took a little snooze before it was time to get all pretty for afternoon tea at The Palm Court.


Here we are at tea- I had the Eloise Tea, which was an array of pastries, strawberry and cream sandwiches and apple spice tea :) It was lovely of course too!



After tea, we headed down to the Eloise shop and wanted to see everything Eloise! I don't know if you know the movie Eloise at The Plaza, but this is where she lives, and it's super cute!



                                                         In the lobby of The Plaza

The next day we had lunch at Serendipity. If you have seen the movie, you know exactly what I am talking about- it's an NYC landmark restaurant- and we even sat at the table where they filmed the movie...because my aunt is awesome and we got the best seat in the house :) Here I am drinking their famous Frooozen Hot Chocolate


                             A little snack before dinner at TAO and Wicked on Broadway!


Wicked was my first broadway show and it was so great! I just kept thinking the whole time I was watching the show, how those actors must feel up on that stage. They are ON Broadway!


There were so many great pictures of our trip, but I didn't want to write a book, so I kept it simple. Our weekend was so fun and I can't wait until our next adventure....

No comments:

Post a Comment