Monday, July 16, 2012

Port Orleans- Riverside

 A few weekends ago, my mom and I ventured off to Disney's Port Orleans Resort for a weekend stay-cation. I love staying at nice resort hotels for a few nights and taking advantage of the dining, shopping and of course the pool! Port Orleans is such a quaint and pretty resort, little cottages and manors sit along the riverside to represent the state of Louisiana and more specifically, New Orleans.

Our room was in Magnolia Terrace, with a beautiful garden view. Each cottage is different in style and this one was very traditional, with pillars and pretty decor inside the rooms.



                                         

The Riverside of Port Orleans. You cross the bridge to get to the shops, restaurants and pool. You can take a boat to Downtown Disney, Saratoga's Tree House's (I will stay here one day!) and Port Orleans sister resort, The French Quarter- which is down the river.


Here on the bayou, you can rent boats and have a nice Louisiana inspired dinner at BoatWright's Dining Hall. My mom and I had dinner here of course, Jambalaya- veggie style! They also have some very yummy cornbread and french onion soup!

       

And the most important part of our days was the pool! We stayed here most of the day and enjoyed swimming and tanning. This pool is one of my favorites :) I can't wait until our next stay-cation. Have you ever had a stay-cation? What is your favorite place to stay? Comment below and let me know your ideas!

                             


No comments:

Post a Comment