Monday, March 19, 2012

Fear not, For I am With You

It was just another Wednesday, rushing out of school to get home, change clothes and get ready to go babysit. I do this every week and this day shouldn't have been any different. When I got to the house to watch the kids, I got a phone call from a close friend. "Caleb has leukemia" my friend said as she was crying. I didn't know what to say, this could not be happening. Just a few days prior he was having some issues with his arm and leg, and we all thought it was just from a minor injury at soccer.
I was supportive and told her that I will get up there as soon as I could. I visited Arnold Palmer the very next day and everyone was in a complete fog. I still didn't believe what I was hearing, my heart ached for the family, and for little Caleb.

His chemo began very quickly after the diagnosis and the hospital gives him beads of courage and each time he gets any kind of treatment, he receives a bead to add to his necklace. This is a great way to help kids cope with their cancer.
It still hurts me to think that this is true, and I know that my friend is opening up a whole new chapter in her life that is any parents nightmare. But just like I told her, you have to trust in Jesus, He is the only way to see the light. He is the ultimate healer.
I will continue to pray for Caleb and his family. I know everyone else is praying too.

‎"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment