Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Full Bucket


Each year at our school, our principal has a "Book of the Year". This year, our book theme is "How Full is Your Bucket?". You are probably wondering what I am talking about and every time I mention this to a non- co worker they look at me oddly. It is simple...


How many times a day do you feel down? Is it because of a situation with work? or a situation with a certain person in your life? How many times a day does someone come up to you and want to talk out their problems? And then the problem feels like your own? These situations are draining your "bucket". Don't get me wrong, I love talking to people and helping them. Many people tell me I am a great listener :)

OR...

Do you ever get friendly notes or encouragement? A facebook post that made you smile? a phone call or text that brightened your day? This is all "filling" your bucket. I know with me, each day I feel drained at times and it is important that we help each other by giving encouragement or just giving them something to smile about. My hope is that whoever is reading this thinks about their "bucket". What does it feel like right now? Has anyone done anything to fill yours this week? Think about it, and do something in return for that person.

Here are the people that filled my bucket so far this week:
Tiffaney, Ryan, Kathy, Joe, Michelle, Erika, Johnny, Amna, Mamaw, and Dad.
I am thankful for each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment